The UNCG Vision and Mission Statement
Approved by former Chancellor Linda P. Brady, October 4, 2012
Approved by the UNC Board of Governors, October 11, 2012
The University of North Carolina at Greensboro will redefine the public research university for the 21st century as an inclusive, collaborative, and responsive institution making a difference in the lives of students and the communities it serves.
UNCG is ...
- A learner-centered, accessible, and inclusive community fostering intellectual inquiry to prepare students for meaningful lives and engaged citizenship;
- An institution offering classes on campus, off campus, and online for degree-seeking students and life-long learners;
- A research university where collaborative scholarship and creative activity enhance quality of life across the life-span;
- A source of innovation and leadership meeting social, economic, and environmental challenges in the Piedmont Triad, North Carolina, and beyond; and
- A global university integrating intercultural and international experiences and perspectives into learning, discovery, and service.