The UNC system provides an alternate means of filing complaints for those students unable to resolve complaints using the institution’s procedures.

If your student was unable to resolve a complaint through the institution’s grievance procedures, please let them know that they have other options. They can review the Student Complaint Policy (PDF), print out and complete the Student Complaint Form (PDF) and submit the complaint to:

North Carolina Post-Secondary Education Complaints
223 S. West Street, Suite 1800
Raleigh, NC 27603

For more information, you may call (919) 962-4550 or send an email.

To file a complaint with the Consumer Protection Division of the North Carolina Department of Justice, please visit the State Attorney General’s web page at North Carolina residents may call (877) 566-7226. If you live outside of North Carolina, please call (919) 716-6000.

If you choose to mail a complaint, please use the following address:

Consumer Protection
Attorney General’s Office
Mail Service Center 9001
Raleigh, NC 27699-9001

Share This